Pasco-Hernando State College
Systems and Software Application Developer
|Job Title||Systems and Software Application Developer|
|Reports to||ERP Project Manager|
|Classification||Managerial and Other Academic Personnel|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSystems and Software Application Developer
Reports toERP Project Manager
Responsible for evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining systems and software applications in mobile apps and cloud environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Implements and develops assigned client-server, mobile apps, and cloud-based applications in coordination with the Technology department staff.
- Assists with the evaluation of potential software applications for suitability, functionality, and integration with the College’s network, security, and administrative systems.
- Manages and maintains the College’s SharePoint sites which includes configuration, upgrades, and administration.
- Installs departmental application software and supports the setup, administration, and maintenance of the system as assigned.
- Participates in Enterprise Resource Planning implementation activities and serves as backup support to the ERP Project Manager when needed.
- Responds as the primary contact for departmental application concerns regarding application issues, security, and backup as assigned.
- Responsible for the configuration and set-up of the electronic Board Agenda and provides technical support as needed for Board meetings.
- Manages and maintains the College’s mobile application which includes configuration, upgrades, and administration.
- Works with the Network Security Manager to promote software application safeguards against accidental or unauthorized access, modification, destruction, or disclosure of computer files.
- Provides back-up support for the administration of the College websites, as needed.
- Stays current with technological changes on appropriate application software and development tools.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation for software upgrades and installations.
- Coordinates with Network Services and Management Information Services (MIS) staff on application systems and database policies and procedures.
- Position requires travel to all College operating sites to perform duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Must be able to work occasional evening hours and weekends
- Satisfactory criminal history background check
- Must have/maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and/or have the ability to travel between the five (5) college campuses
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred.
- Experience with SQL database, Azure, Office 365 and SharePoint Online development; experience with the development of applications for mobile devices.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.