Pasco-Hernando State College
Student Success Specialist
|Job Title||Student Success Specialist|
|Reports to||Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleStudent Success Specialist
Reports toAssistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Assists in the operation of campus student affairs, to include academic advising, registration, campus financial aid, veteran affairs, and admissions/records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides a professional, helpful, and welcoming atmosphere at the front office counter for students, faculty, staff, callers, and visitors to the Student Affairs Office.
- Assists prospective students with the online admissions process providing guidance and information.
- Triages students and other office visitors and provides information related to College programs, orientation, financial aid, advisement, registration, and other Student Affairs functions. Directs students to the appropriate staff, as needed.
- Assists students in initial steps of financial aid and veteran’s education benefits.
- Assists students with credit and continuing education registration.
- Assists students with scheduling testing.
- Assists students with the withdrawal process and reviews student withdrawal requests for compliance with College policy.
- Makes student appointments for orientation, advisement, and registration.
- Assists the advising staff with general registration, calling campaigns, orientation, and other activities.
- Compiles information and assists in data collection for reports and other office projects.
- Verifies orientation attendance and removes registration restrictions following orientation.
- Works with students to resolve orientation, testing, advisement, and registration issues that do not require the assistance of an advisor. Refers students to appropriate campus staff, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform general office work with special emphasis on clerical experience, customer service, and communication skills
- Computer skills needed in MS Office
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Fluency in Spanish
Additional testing required:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.