Pasco-Hernando State College
Staff Assistant, Health Programs
|Job Title||Staff Assistant, Health Programs|
|Reports to||Dean of Nursing and Health Programs|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleStaff Assistant, Health Programs
Reports toDean of Nursing and Health Programs
Provide administrative assistant services to the Academic Dean and faculty support services to the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Types, processes, and properly files memoranda, leave forms, and other related administrative materials.
- Types and duplicates tests and instructional materials.
- Maintains security of administrative and faculty files.
- Performs receptionist functions, gives information, and maintains effective community and campus relationships.
- Orders office and faculty supplies and textbooks; assists with budget monitoring.
- Assists in the tabulation and dissemination of student evaluations of faculty and administrator evaluations of faculty forms.
- Takes messages, telephones students, and assists with all activities as may be necessary to support faculty functions.
- Schedules faculty applicant interview appointments and types related communications and personnel forms.
- Types and distributes Advisory Committee and faculty meeting minutes and related materials.
- Coordinates use, maintenance, and repair of division AV equipment, computers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Maintains record of faculty schedules.
- Operates photocopier, microcomputer, FAX, and other related office equipment.
- Enters requisitions, completes receiving reports, and performs follow-up on purchase orders.
- Supervises student assistants as assigned.
- Prepares payroll certification for faculty and staff.
- Enters course information into CSRS.
- Schedules classrooms for division classes.
- Assists with student advisement and application intake for limited-access health programs.
- Compiles and maintains files on health programs, including affiliate contracts and accreditation records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform a wide variety of general office duties, with emphasis on clerical skills and accuracy in keyboarding
- Excellent word processing skills required
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Knowledge of additional software packages
- Keyboarding: 45 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 – Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
- Proofreading I: 70% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.