Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Workforce Programs
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Workforce Programs|
|Reports to||Dean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Workforce Programs
Reports toDean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education
Provides general office support for district-wide workforce development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the policies and procedures of Pasco-Hernando State College and the Workforce Development Division.
- Serves as receptionist for the Workforce Development Division area by greeting students, the public, clients, faculty, and staff.
- Prepares routine correspondence, forms, and other documents for the Dean of Workforce Development.
- Enters course master data and fee tables for all continuing workforce education contracted and online training courses.
- Maintains accurate class rosters and grade sheets for all continuing workforce education contracted and online training sections.
- Types, processes, and properly files all faculty memoranda, course outlines (syllabi, course objectives and student learning outcomes), notes, and related materials for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Orders and maintains all textbooks and supplemental materials for faculty.
- Responsible for the security of letters, evaluations and other faculty materials.
- Assists with the scheduling of rooms as requested.
- Provides general office support functions for the Dean of Workforce Development.
- Provides support materials for instructors, including but not limited to: tests, syllabi, handouts, etc.
- Completes and submits activities form requests for planned activities.
- Assists in preparing continuing workforce education contracted and online training course proposals and other material for submission to the Council of Instructional Services.
- Maintains required files for course sections, instructor information, contracted agency requirements, and continuing workforce education.
- Processes and maintains Ed2go courses and registrations.
- Serves as a member of assigned committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform general office work with special emphasis on filing and typing accurately
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Computer knowledge required
Research and analytical skills.
Additional testing required: Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy. Data Entry 3 – Invoice: 5,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy; Proofreading 1: 70% Accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.