Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Test Proctor
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Test Proctor|
|Reports to||Director of Career and Testing Services|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Test Proctor
Reports toDirector of Career and Testing Services
Administers professional testing services in a secure and continuously monitored environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Prepares and maintains a safe, secure, and comfortable test environment before, during, and after daily testing.
- Follows state law, internal policies, vendor guidelines, and national standards related to security procedures and test administration.
- Administers and proctors group and individual test sessions to support student achievement through college placement, program admission/exit, industry certification, developmental education, career assessment, distance learning, and other areas as assigned.
- Actively monitors examinees through direct observation, surveillance equipment, and computer software.
- Administers appropriate American with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant test accommodations as needed.
- Operates and monitors testing equipment including computer hardware, software, printers, and surveillance equipment.
- Processes testing requests and monitors the online appointment system.
- Demonstrates an understanding and respect for a diverse student population.
- Reviews testing guidelines, policies, and instructions with examinees.
- Maintains the security and distribution of testing materials and supplies (e.g. LCD boards, pencils, and calculators).
- Reports all testing irregularities to the Director of Career and Testing Services.
- Interprets test scores, enters data into the student record system, and prepares testing records, databases, files, and reports as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of testing materials and examinee records while adhering to College policies, vendor guidelines, state law, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Keeps testing and policy manuals up to date.
- Assists the Director in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of testing services offered by the department.
- Conducts testing services off campus and in district as needed to support College programs and activities.
- Performs a variety of clerical and other duties as assigned including general office coverage.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Or, Standard high school diploma with three years of test center experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with the ability to troubleshoot routine problems.
- Must have knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Must be able to work evening hours and some weekends.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Prior experience in testing services or a postsecondary educational setting.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.