Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Student Financial Services
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Student Financial Services|
|Reports to||Manager of Student Financial Services|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Student Financial Services
Reports toManager of Student Financial Services
Performs specialized support work in the accounts receivable/student finance area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Prepares, maintains, and processes accounts receivable documents for third parties and students.
- Verifies all billing documentation and prepares appropriate invoices for third parties and students.
- Assists the Manager of Student Financial Services in the processing of 1098T forms.
- Prepares entries and performs data processing for Title IV and other student account charges.
- Prepares check documentation for refunds to third parties and students.
- Prepares tuition reimbursement receipts and other correspondence necessary to third parties and students.
- Assists college staff, students, and vendors in resolving problems relative to Accounts Receivable/Student Financial Services functions.
- Reviews various monthly reports to assist with the follow up and collection of delinquent third party and student accounts.
- Processes all write-off accounts in the college’s ERP system.
- Maintains miscellaneous scholarship files and student scholarship records.
- Prepares paperwork for the State Attorney’s office for the recovery of returned checks and posts returned checks to the student’s account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Data Entry 1 – Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
- Basic Math: 70% accuracy
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience in using a computer and PC software applications such as Excel, Word, and Access
- Previous experience working in the area of accounts receivable
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.