Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Purchasing
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Purchasing|
|Reports to||Procurement and Contract Administration Manager|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Purchasing
Reports toProcurement and Contract Administration Manager
Performs complex administrative work in support of the College’s Purchasing Section with secondary support of the Financial Services and Legal departments. The assignments require the application of technical skill, knowledge, and judgment in the use of basic principles, concepts, techniques, and standards in one or more areas of administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides clerical support primarily to the Purchasing Section with secondary support to the rest of the Financial Services department and the Legal department.
- Enters new vendor information into the College’s financial system and maintains vendor information files.
- Logs contracts into the College’s contract management system.
- Assists Purchasing and Legal staff with the maintenance of data in the College’s contracts management system.
- Runs reports and reviews data in support of the College’s Purchasing functions.
- Assists Purchasing staff with the facilitation of workflow of College purchasing activities.
- Performs administrative review of documents produced by the Purchasing section.
- Performs financial data entry such as requisitions for the Financial Services department and Legal department.
- Orders office supplies for the Financial Services department.
- Maintains tickler files for the Purchasing Section to assist with the tracking of activities and compliance issues.
- Authors and maintains internal procedures for this position.
- Maintains all files associated with the Purchasing function in an audit ready status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in using a computer and the software applications Excel and Word is required.
- Advanced organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external customers is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders is required.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Experience with the purchasing and contract process.
- Experience with data entry into a financial system.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.