Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Placement Center Facilitator
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Placement Center Facilitator|
|Reports to||Director of Career and Testing Services|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Placement Center Facilitator
Reports toDirector of Career and Testing Services
Provides general office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Serves as receptionist for the placement center by greeting students, the public, faculty, and staff.
- Types routine correspondence, reports, and forms.
- Refers students for advisement to appropriate college staff.
- Maintains and processes payroll records.
- Processes all purchase orders and other financial forms.
- Copies and distributes materials.
- Informs students about career-oriented internet websites, video materials, software programs and occupational directories.
- Completes and submits maintenance requests for planned activities.
- Maintains database for job posts.
- Processes direct mailings such as brochures, flyers, surveys, and other marketing materials.
- Maintains records and correspondence for internship project.
- Works with Career Assessment Facilitator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform general office work with special emphasis on filing and keyboarding accurately
- Demonstrate computer knowledge
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Additional testing required:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Formatting a Letter: 80% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.