Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Financial Aid
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Financial Aid|
|Reports to||Associate Director of Financial Aid or Coordinator of State Scholarships (WC); Advisor, Financial Aid (East, North, Porter and Spring Hill Campuses)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Financial Aid
Reports toAssociate Director of Financial Aid or Coordinator of State Scholarships (WC); Advisor, Financial Aid (East, North, Porter and Spring Hill Campuses)
Performs clerical work and duties of processing financial aid, to include assisting with awarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Accepts and reviews incoming student financial aid applications and related documents and prepares the files to process a student’s application.
- Assists students in applying and resolving issues relating to the application process for financial aid and scholarship awards.
- Assists students with Title IV verification process.
- Enters student information into Student Information System (SIS) for financial aid processing and awarding.
- Processes payments of State sponsored programs such as Florida Bright Futures and Florida Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Assists with processing institutional awards such as PHSC Foundation Scholarships, Employees Tuition Waivers, deferments or other such awards.
- Assists with Financial Aid awarding.
- Assists with the processing of corrections to Student Aid Reports (SAR).
- Assists with the processing and awarding of William D. Ford Direct Stafford loan program.
- Completes correspondence, records, and requisitions and performs other clerical functions as needed for the financial aid office.
- Keeps current on federal, state, and institution information provided in the Financial Aid Manual and other documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize successfully/accurately and prioritize a wide variety of assignments, with emphasis on processing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline requirements
- Possess Word processing skills
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- AA/AS degree from a regionally accredited institution and one or more years of financial aid experience
- Basic knowledge of mainframe/microcomputers
- Knowledge of various software packages
Additional Required Skills:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 – Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
- Basic Math: 80% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.