Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Faculty Support
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Faculty Support|
|Reports to||Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention Services|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Faculty Support
Reports toAssociate Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention Services
Assists faculty with clerical work and provides administrative support for the Associate Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Types, processes, and properly files all faculty memoranda, purchase orders, course outlines (syllabi and course objectives), notes, and related materials for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Types and duplicates tests and instructional materials.
- Orders and maintains all textbooks and supplemental materials for faculty.
- Types, files, answers the telephone, and performs other office functions, as assigned.
- Responsible for the security of tests, memoranda, letters, evaluations, and other Faculty materials.
- Takes messages, telephones students, and assists with all other activities as may be necessary to support faculty functions.
- Assists the Provost's Administrative Assistant III as requested and fills in for the Provost’s Assistant as needed.
- Assists with scheduling of rooms, as requested.
- Operates scanner, computer, photocopier, fax, and other related equipment.
- Provides general administrative support functions for the Campus Associate Dean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to perform clerical work with special emphasis on word processing accuracy
- Knowledge of microcomputer application software including Microsoft operating systems and the use of email required
- Experience using Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Word and Excel
Additional Required Skills:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Editing & Formatting from a Rough Draft: 70% accuracy
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.