Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Athletics
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Athletics|
|Reports to||Athletic Director|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Athletics
Reports toAthletic Director
Provides administrative assistant services to the Athletic Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Performs receptionist duties, gives information, and maintains community and campus relationships.
- Types and files department communications and orders office supplies.
- Maintains and provides security for Athletic Department administrative, coaching, and student/athlete files.
- Assists the Athletic Director in monitoring athletic department budgets, compiles and tabulates data used in budget recommendations, and prepares monthly reports on the status of fund balances.
- Prepares purchase orders, oversees receiving reports/vendor billings, and implements accounts payable processing.
- Types and processes leave requests, trip requests and check requisitions for team travel for intercollegiate sports teams. Types and processes all travel reimbursement paperwork and deposits remainder of cash advances through the campus bookstore. Files all paperwork, with signed expense log in appropriate files.
- Responsible for processing and securing payment for vehicle bills.
- Maintains accurate fundraising account records for all Athletic Department activities.
- Keeps up-to-date files on all student/athletes and types athlete signing logs for each of the sports.
- Mails all scholarship, eligibility lists, release agreements, waiver forms and other pertinent information to the National Junior College Athletics Association (NJCAA) office and to the Region Director of Men's and Women's athletics as required by the NJCAA handbook.
- Processes and distributes meal, rent and utility checks to student/athletes. Keeps accurate signing logs and files for each student.
- Assists the Athletic Director and coaches in processing and compiling sport eligibility lists.
- Maintains and coordinates textbook distribution and receipt of textbooks to student/athletes.
- Assists Athletic Director with coordinating game management with volunteers regarding ticket sellers, ticket takers, and concessions. Handles reconciliation of ticket sales and monies collected and deposits in the campus bookstore. Prepares a financial report of each game.
- Assists with layout, printing, and distribution of game programs.
- Types, mails, and files athletic game contracts.
- Assists with layout, printing and binding of student/athlete handbook and rules and regulation policy handbook.
- Creates athletic camp and clinic mailing labels and distributes information to prospective campers. Assists in collecting and depositing monies for the athletic camps.
- Distributes recruiting correspondence to prospective student/athletes for all coaches. Keeps current mailing lists of recruits and mails recruiting information throughout the year. Processes all paperwork related to recruitment travel expenses and reimbursement for coaches of all sports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess Word processing skills
- Some evening hours may be required
Additional Required Skills:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 – Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Calculator, customer services experience, and other computer applications preferred
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.