Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Admissions and Student Records
|Job Title||Senior Office Assistant, Admissions and Student Records|
|Reports to||Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Management (West Campus); Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Admissions and Student Records
Reports toDean of Admissions and Enrollment Management (West Campus); Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)
Assists in the coordination and implementation of all student record processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Assists students, faculty, and staff with inquiries regarding all admissions and student records policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiry requests; documents and tracks requests; and initiates any follow-up mailings.
- Processes student applications to the College and all supporting documents required for admission, including, but not limited to: high school transcripts, GED scores, applicable college transcripts, transient forms, and residency materials.
- Maintains admissions and student records for all students. Assists with the scanning and document management functions within the department.
- Processes all documents pertaining to student records, including, but not limited to: placement test scores; transfer credit evaluation , and credit posting; student data changes; processing of membership in honor societies; enrollment and degree verification; provides support for processing of international student applications for visas; assists with computer assisted advising checks and building of degree audits.
- Initiates electronic requests for transcripts from other institutions and replies to requests for PHSC transcripts.
- Processes grade rosters, grade changes, and all accompanying documents.
- Processes admissions and student records restrictions as appropriate.
- Processes high school dual enrollment applications and course permission forms.
- Assists in the production and distribution of diplomas and certificates of completion.
- Performs routine clerical work including data entry and mail.
- Assists with data verification requests and data resolution as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in academic record keeping or general office assistant work
- Knowledge of computer application skills (word processing, database or spreadsheet entry)
- Possess strong customer service skills
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Additional testing required:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 -- Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.