Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Office Assistant, Academic Success Center
|Senior Office Assistant, Academic Success Center
|Academic Success Center Coordinator
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Office Assistant, Academic Success Center
Reports toAcademic Success Center Coordinator
Assists the Academic Success Center Coordinator in the operation of the Academic Success Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Under the supervision of the Academic Success Center coordinator, administers, scores, and inputs into the College record system the FCELPT, TABE, and other necessary tests.
- Prepares and maintains student remediation materials, student folders, and testing records.
- Demonstrates proficiency in CSRS and CFRS data entry and manipulation.
- Maintains Academic Success Center records and files.
- Collects and tabulates data about student population, progress, and other assessment data as required.
- Maintains a current inventory of Academic Success Center equipment and supplies and informs the Academic Success Center coordinator of their status.
- Assists students in using Academic Success Center materials and equipment.
- At the direction of the Academic Success Center coordinator, generates all required Academic Success Center correspondence, notices, and other paperwork.
- Does set-up work for Academic Success Center orientations and conducts orientations at the direction of the Academic Success Center coordinator.
- Agrees to update his/her knowledge of computer software and equipment as changes are made within the Academic Success Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer literacy
- Should have clerical knowledge and experience
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Additional testing required:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 - Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
- Alphabetic Filing: 70% accuracy
- Proofreading 1: 60% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.