Pasco-Hernando State College
Senior Instructional Design Coordinator
|Senior Instructional Design Coordinator
|Associate Dean of E-Learning and Instructional Technology
|Managerial and Other Academic Personnel
Varies depending on position
Job TitleSenior Instructional Design Coordinator
Reports toAssociate Dean of E-Learning and Instructional Technology
Provides the academic/managerial expertise required to manage instructional and curriculum design in e-learning projects, training programs, and support services for faculty and staff using technology to improve academic functions throughout the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides a leadership role in a design team environment to advance the development of technology-enhanced curriculum in blended, hybrid, and online instructional programs.
- Uses project management skills to establish project schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Keeps track of project tasks and status by using department calendar, drives and database.
- Consults with faculty and staff to identify, research, analyze, and evaluate new technologies for potential application in instruction to enhance learning outcomes.
- Coordinates the design, development, and implementation of blended, hybrid, and online academic courses and programs in collaboration with subject matter experts (SME) and the instructional design team.
- Designs and produces learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and college initiatives.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of the College’s learning management system.
- Mentors faculty in the design and development of technology-enhanced courses.
- Evaluates current instructional technologies and communicates appropriate recommendations.
- Works with various departments throughout the College regarding instructional technology implementations; provides assistance to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Facilitates the planning and coordinating instructional technology specific workshops for faculty and staff; arranges and schedules demonstrations and workshops by vendors that focuses on new instructional technologies.
- Publicizes and promotes services, resources and activities of the E-Learning and Instructional Technology Department.
- Installs, configures and maintains software and courseware, as well as troubleshoots problems with computer hardware and peripherals for the E-Learning and Instructional Technology Department; recommends new electronic material acquisition by the department.
- Identifies trends, gathers and analyzes data, recommends standards, and implements E-Learning and Instructional Technology development plans.
- Uses emerging educational technologies to develop alternative assessment strategies to integrate into course development to an advanced level using rapid e-learning tools (i.e., Articulate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with the instructional design team to discover new innovations in educational technology; brainstorms and troubleshoots within the design team to develop new processes and methodologies.
- Travels to assigned campuses to perform all related duties.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Master's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Master’s degree in instructional or educational technology, curriculum and instruction, instructional design and technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in instructional design, computer-based training, course development and instruction.
- Knowledge of current technologies; instructional technologies; Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance as it pertains to the e-learning environments; various computer hardware, peripherals and computer operating systems; networking systems; various computer software packages (including database management, spreadsheet analysis and graphics); authoring languages and systems; instructional design techniques and procedures.
- Must have a strong background in project management, curriculum development, instructional design and adult learning theories, multimedia production, distance learning technologies and current web design technologies.
- Must have higher education experience in distance learning or technology-enhanced courses, including blended and/or online courses.
- Knowledge of the instructional design process and development of computer-based training.
- Must communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Establish cooperative working relationships throughout the design process and with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license for travel to other campus locations.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.