Pasco-Hernando State College
Science Laboratory Coordinator/Supervisor
|Job Title||Science Laboratory Coordinator/Supervisor|
|Reports to||Science Laboratory Coordinator/Supervisor|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleScience Laboratory Coordinator/Supervisor
Reports toScience Laboratory Coordinator/Supervisor
Supervises the science laboratories and provides assistance to the science instructors as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of the science laboratories and associated support areas.
- Maintains, repairs, and sets up science laboratory equipment, as necessary.
- Assists instructors in assembling equipment and materials for laboratory classes.
- Supervises student laboratory assistants and trains them in safe laboratory practices.
- Arranges for science laboratory equipment maintenance and repair from outside vendors.
- Assists instructors in preparing purchase orders for science laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assists the Dean and/or Provost in monitoring the science laboratory budgets.
- Maintains records of purchase orders and receiving reports for science supplies and equipment and follows up on orders to ensure timely reports.
- Maintains laboratory equipment, supplies, and support areas in a safe, neat, and orderly manner.
- Keeps current in the operation of science equipment and software used in the laboratory.
- Keeps current with OSHA rules and regulations and abides by all applicable regulations for protecting persons and the environment.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of science supplies and equipment.
- Maintains current chemical inventory and submits reports to the Dean and appropriate Provost.
- Participates on College safety committees and contributes to the Hazardous Material Management Plan, as assigned.
- Performs annual safety inspection of science laboratories and submits report to the Dean.
- Coordinates annual chemical disposal for science laboratories and submits report to the Dean.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor’s degree in Science from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Experience in managing a science teaching laboratory
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA safety requirements
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.