Pasco-Hernando State College
|Procurement and Contract Administration Manager
Varies depending on position
Job TitleProcurement Analyst
Reports toProcurement and Contract Administration Manager
Performs highly responsible, advanced, complex professional work in support of the College’s purchasing activities in a diverse and clearly defined sub‑division of a larger business unit. The assignments require the application of technical skill, knowledge, and judgment in the use of basic principles, concepts, techniques and standards in one or more areas of purchasing operations. Analyzes and reviews documents for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Communicates with administrators and managers regarding purchasing procedures and assures compliance with State of Florida statutes and rules as well as Department of Education and College Board of Trustees policies and procedures.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of accounting data and converts purchase requisitions to purchase orders.
- Performs change orders and purchase order liquidation closings in compliance with College and department procedures and requirements.
- Assists the departments in preparing informal requests for quotes for items and services.
- Performs research for competitive prices, cooperative contracts and other purchasing data to assist the departments with evaluating the most effective and compliant purchasing process for their needs that meets the applicable laws and policies.
- Reviews contracts submitted in the College’s contract review request system for processing requirements.
- Enters new vendor information into the College’ financial system and maintains vendor information files.
- Assists the Procurement and Contract Administration Manager with routine and special department projects, i.e. statistical and financial analysis, research, data compilation, report preparation.
- Responds to inquiries made by staff, vendors and the public to resolve routine purchase order problems. Assists to ensure service needs are met.
- Informs the user department when an order will exceed the bid threshold and advises on appropriate action.
- Verifies accuracy of accounting codes utilized.
- Conducts year-end closing processes for purchase orders.
- Assists with the resolution of delivery/invoice/payment issues, when requested.
- Ensures proper approval on orders that require additional authorization.
- Authors and maintains internal procedures for this position.
- Informs college personnel of the appropriate method of procurement for purchases.
- Assists the Procurement and Contract Administration Manager throughout the solicitation (ITN, RFB, RFP, RFQ, etc.) process.
- Have a general working knowledge of State Purchasing Regulations pertaining to Florida Statute 287.
- In conjunction with other Purchasing staff, ensure all purchasing functions contain the necessary information for internal and state audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Standard high school diploma or GED from regionally accredited institution.
Two (2) years of full-time professional related work experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with purchasing functions, purchasing related issues, federal and state rules and regulations required.
- Experience in using a computer and the software applications Excel and Word is required.
- Experience in processing purchasing related documents in financial software is required.
- Skills in developing and maintaining cooperative and courteous relationships with College staff, representatives from organizations, and the public are required.
- Skills in tactfully and effectively handling requests, suggestions and complaints from the management staff, vendors, the media, and the general public are required.
- Skills in exercising analytical judgment; identifying problems or situations as they occur; skills in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations is required.
- Ability to speak with and before others with poise and confidence is required.
- Ability to make independent judgments in absence of supervision required.
- Ability to record and deliver information to College management and staff; to explain procedures and policies and to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines, and objectives is required.
- Ability to utilize mathematical formulas is required.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of topics related to the purchasing functions is required.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate work assignments is required.
- Advanced organizational skills are required.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Associates in Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Work experience in a government environment is preferred.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent certification preferred.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.