Pasco-Hernando State College
|Provost (East, Porter, Spring Hill & North Campus - Primary) Director of Plant Operations (Secondary)
|42,286 - 80,800 annually
Job TitlePlant Manager
Reports toProvost (East, Porter, Spring Hill & North Campus - Primary) Director of Plant Operations (Secondary)
Oversees and performs skilled labor tasks associated with campus building and grounds maintenance activities. Supervises College maintenance staff (all campuses), grounds staff (East Campus and North Campus), and administers contracted security and custodial services (all campuses) and grounds maintenance services (Spring Hill Campus and Porter Campus).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Performs skilled labor in the repair and maintenance of buildings, including all HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, and fire protection systems; furniture and equipment repairs as needed; and insures that all required preventative maintenance is completed on campus buildings and systems as recommended.
- Estimates time and materials for work assignments; assists with planning of jobs; assigns work and monitors work progress through completion.
- Enters and assigns work orders for the campus in the College’s automated maintenance management system.
- Prepares periodic reports of completed work orders and submits them to the Campus Provost (East, Spring Hill, North and Porter) and to the Director of Plant Operations.
- Monitors and maintains the campus’ automated building management system.
- Monitors chiller/chiller plant performance logs to insure proper operations.
- Oversees and maintains campus access security to include proper key control (all campuses) and automated card key access systems (Spring Hill Campus and Porter Campus).
- Oversees and administers contracted security and custodial services (all campuses) and grounds maintenance services (Spring Hill Campus and Porter Campus).
- Ensures proper pest control measures are implemented throughout the campus.
- Ensures that grounds (East Campus and North Campus) and maintenance equipment (all campuses) is serviced, repaired, and maintained in good working order.
- Ensures that all campus facilities comply with relevant building and fire safety codes. Oversees and/or supports all campus safety inspections performed by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and the Florida College System Risk Management Consortium.
- Responds to on call requests to address facility and equipment problems after normal working hours and on weekends.
- Works closely with the Director of Plant Operations.
- Maintains up to date files of architectural plans, as-built drawings, operations and maintenance manuals, and warranties for campus facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises all warranty repair work.
- Submits maintenance requisitions for materials and supplies through appropriate approval channels.
- Maintains campus equipment inventory records and oversees the annual equipment inventory.
- Monitors campus grounds, utility, custodial, and maintenance budgets.
- Oversees all facility related activities occurring on campus.
- Coordinates with local Emergency Management personnel when college facilities will be used for shelter purposes (East, Spring Hill, and Porter campuses).
- Assists in the planning of campus remodeling, renovation, and new construction projects.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates campus plant operations’ staff.
- Assists in preparing estimates and obtaining price quotes for maintenance projects.
- Serves on College committees as assigned. Chairs the campus Safety Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 3 to 5 years supervisory experience in the building maintenance or construction fields, to include, electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC trades.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, climb ladders, operate equipment, and work outdoors.
- A satisfactory back X-ray is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of Florida’s State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF – Building Code).
- Knowledge of and experience with any or all of the following: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes, Trane Summit building management and controls system, ice storage chiller systems, card key access systems, fire suppression and fire pump systems, fire and intrusion alarm systems, systems, LP gas systems, or acid dilution systems compressed air and vacuum.
- Knowledge of building generator systems and associated equipment; parking garages (Porter); experience maintaining multi LEED or Green Globes Certification.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.