Pasco-Hernando State College
Nursing and Health Programs Clinical Coordinator
|Job Title||Nursing and Health Programs Clinical Coordinator|
|Reports to||Dean, Nursing and Health Programs|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleNursing and Health Programs Clinical Coordinator
Reports toDean, Nursing and Health Programs
The Nursing and Health Programs Clinical Coordinator is responsible for coordination of division clinical schedule,
serves as a liaison between the nursing and health program division and the clinical partners, and coordination of
simulation schedule and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Program Directors to prepare a master clinical schedule.
- Serves as the main point of contact and liaison between the Nursing and Health Programs Division and the clinical partners.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with clinical agency management and staff.
- Serves as a member of clinical coordinating councils in securing clinical site placement for nursing and health programs.
- Maintains policies and procedures specific to each clinical site.
- Coordinates clinical orientation for faculty and students according to clinical partner requirements.
- Monitors nursing and health programs faculty compliance with credentials, background, drug screen, and required health screenings and immunizations.
- Serves as a member on the nursing admissions committee.
- Attends and participates in all new nursing and health programs student orientations.
- Collaborates with the clinical records specialist to ensure student clearance for student placement.
- Collaborates with Health Programs Clinical Support Assistant to review clinical affiliation agreements/contracts for accuracy and currency and reports Dean, Nursing and Health Programs for recommended changes.
- Assists in student recruitment efforts as directed by the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs.
- Attends Nursing and Health Program Technical Advisory Committee meetings.
- Assists in the implementation of the College Equity Plan in accordance with its provisions.
- Provides orientation for new clinical adjunct faculty.
- Assists the Associate Dean, Nursing Programs and Health Program Directors by recruiting adjunct faculty in the clinical setting.
- Assists the Associate Dean, Nursing Programs and Health Program Directors in identifying equipment and technology needs that are currently used in local agencies.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, collegiality, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintains currency of knowledge in health education by attending state and national meetings.
- Develops and maintains the student skills list to ensure consistency with lab procedures appropriate to students’ scope of practice and in alignment with clinical agency protocols.
- Collaborates with faculty and lab support staff to coordinate simulation schedule and experiences in the event of changes to clinical site availability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Must be in Nursing or other related health field from a regionally accredited institution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have two (2) years of relevant nursing or other health field experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Current, unrestricted Florida RN license or appropriate credential if applicable
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.