Pasco-Hernando State College
|Job Title||Maintenance/Grounds Assistant|
|Reports to||Plant Manager (Spring Hill); Campus Facilities Coordinator (Porter)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleMaintenance/Grounds Assistant
Reports toPlant Manager (Spring Hill); Campus Facilities Coordinator (Porter)
Assists with maintenance of grounds and performs minor maintenance functions on the campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Moves office and institutional furniture and equipment as directed.
- Cleans, plants, fertilizes, waters, mows, trims, weeds, and maintains grounds, including the patching of roads, as needed.
- Loads and transports refuse, sand, dirt, and fertilizers.
- Delivers supplies throughout campus.
- Operates tractor, motorized carts, and various other grounds and maintenance equipment.
- Assists in the preparation and set-ups for campus and district activities, including commencements and public functions held on or off campus.
- Performs light maintenance duties such as painting, plumbing repairs, replacing burned out lighting, installing event signs and repairing minor equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have some knowledge or experience in grounds care and general maintenance
- Bending, walking, stooping, climbing and lifting are commonplace activities and required for this position
- Satisfactory back X-ray required
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.