Pasco-Hernando State College
|Director of Libraries (West Campus); Associate Director of Libraries (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)
Varies depending on position
Job TitleLibrary Assistant
Reports toDirector of Libraries (West Campus); Associate Director of Libraries (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)
Provides support for library services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Assists students, staff, and faculty in library services, in-person or remotely, which includes audiovisual and computer equipment.
- Assists with circulation processes and processing of library materials.
- Assists with setting up and using audiovisual equipment in the classroom and public presentations.
- Assists with library displays and programs.
- Assists with maintaining a current inventory of AV equipment and supplies.*
- Assists with the training and supervision of student assistants.*
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Full-time position only
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have general knowledge of library practices
- Possess good clerical and customer service skills
- Proficiency in data entry
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with computers, online searching, micro applications, and AV equipment
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
- One (1) year of college from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience working in a library setting
Data Entry 3 -- Invoice: 5,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.