Pasco-Hernando State College
|Reports to||Director of Libraries (West Campus); Associate Director of Libraries (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)|
Varies depending on position
Reports toDirector of Libraries (West Campus); Associate Director of Libraries (East, North, Spring Hill and Porter Campuses)
Responsible for basic library services and library instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides basic library services to students, faculty and staff.
- Provides library instruction to students and faculty through individual consultations and classroom presentations.
- Assists with circulation desk operations.
- Assists in developing informational and instructional materials related to library services and resources.
- Assists with collection development.
- Assists with interlibrary loans.
- Assists with cataloging materials.
- Assists with providing audio-visual services.
- Assists with outreach to full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Master's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Master’s degree in Library Science from a regionally accredited institution and American Library Association accredited institution,
OR Florida certification as an educational media specialist.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Library experience (including audio-visual and electronic reference) in a post-secondary institution.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.