Pasco-Hernando State College
Laboratory Technician, Computer Laboratories
|Job Title||Laboratory Technician, Computer Laboratories|
|Reports to||Dean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleLaboratory Technician, Computer Laboratories
Reports toDean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education
Supervises the computer laboratories and provides assistance to the instructors and students, as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Communicates and enforces computer laboratory policies to all laboratory users.
- Maintains security of the software and equipment in the labs.
- Maintains laboratory computer software and hardware according to an approved maintenance schedule.
- Installs software and hardware as directed in conformance with IMM #1-10.
- Assists instructors in developing and installing teaching aids.
- Assists students in the use of the computers, peripherals, and installed software.
- Orders supplies necessary for the operation of the laboratory and classroom facilities.
- Obtains fixes to software and hardware problems through contact with outside vendor support and/or PHSC technical support personnel.
- Communicates laboratory problems to the Help Desk, Dean/Provost, and other affected personnel.
- Maintains currency in the use of all software and hardware products used in the laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
AS degree in Information Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Some experience in working with computers.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.