Pasco-Hernando State College
Lab/Clinical Simulation Instructor
|Job Title||Lab/Clinical Simulation Instructor|
|Reports to||Associate Dean, Nursing Programs|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleLab/Clinical Simulation Instructor
Reports toAssociate Dean, Nursing Programs
Responsible for laboratory and clinical simulations in campus laboratory activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides instruction and remedial laboratory activities and clinical simulation instruction.
- Assists students in all campus laboratory activities.
- Prepares equipment, supplies and physical set-up and break-down for laboratory and simulation activities with students.
- Schedules and maintains remediation and open-lab hours for nursing students.
- Keeps the Associate Dean of Nursing Programs advised regarding laboratory equipment and supplies needed for students.
- Assists instructors in scheduling laboratory and simulation activities.
- Assists the nursing laboratory and health programs laboratory assistants in conducting the inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies and assisting with the quality control of inventoried items.
- Assists the Associate Dean of Nursing Programs in identifying equipment needs, new and/or replacement.
- Works with faculty to create, revise, and update clinical simulation activities in coordination with curriculum objectives and goals.
- Maintains standards of operation and implementation of all clinical simulation activities as outlined for each activity.
- Attends division and campus meetings as scheduled.
- Schedules, posts, and maintains laboratory and office hours in accordance with District Board of Trustees Rules, and as approved by the Associate Dean of Nursing Programs.
- Promotes a learning environment that is non-discriminatory and that provides equity for all students.
- Collaborates with the Human Patient Simulator and Emergency Care Simulator Laboratory Assistant/Technician in preparing scenarios for simulation experiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Master's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Master of Science degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum two (2) years recent clinical or educational experience
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing simulation experience
- Satisfactory Level II criminal history background check
- Travel between campuses is a requirement
- Must be able to work some evening hours
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Current American Heart Association “Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers” CPR certification
- Current unrestricted Florida RN license
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.