Pasco-Hernando State College
Instructor/Coordinator, Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs
|Instructor/Coordinator, Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs
|Director of Law Enforcement Programs
Varies depending on position
Job TitleInstructor/Coordinator, Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs
Reports toDirector of Law Enforcement Programs
Instructs and coordinates law enforcement and corrections courses and academies in the absence of the Executive Director of Public Service Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Teaches a minimum of 100 clock hours each school year with all the responsibilities listed under "Instructor".
- Assists in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating the Law Enforcement Academy, Corrections Academy, Corrections Crossover to Law Enforcement Academy, and other criminal justice in-service career development, advanced, and specialized training programs.
- Assists the Director in the coordination of records concerning instructional activities and personnel matters related to the Law Enforcement and Corrections programs.
- Assists the Director in the development and distribution of materials and information concerning the Law Enforcement and Corrections programs.
- Assists the Director with the scheduling of facilities, including the firing range.
- Assists the Director in maintaining contact with local, state, and federal agencies involved with Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs.
- Assists the Director in conducting performance evaluations for adjunct faculty and support staff assigned to the Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs.
- Provides support to and attends the Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings.
- Submits appropriate paperwork to keep textbooks and other instructional materials current.
- Recommends and monitors appropriate program outcomes and assists the Director in program assessments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must have two (2) years of full-time law enforcement, corrections, and/or correctional probation officer experience
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Certification from the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC) in criminal justice general topics instructions.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Florida CJSTC high liability instructor certification for firearms, first aid, defensive tactics and vehicle operations.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.