Pasco-Hernando State College
Instructor (Full-Time Faculty)
|Job Title||Instructor (Full-Time Faculty)|
|Reports to||Appropriate Dean or Associate Dean|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleInstructor (Full-Time Faculty)
Reports toAppropriate Dean or Associate Dean
Teaches courses as assigned by the Provost, Dean or Associate Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Teaches day or evening classes at assigned campus or other locations in the district. May be assigned to teach at another campus or geographic area.
- Responsible for instructional coverage of course objectives.
- Writes, reviews, and updates course objectives and program objectives where applicable, as requested by the Dean and/or Associate Dean or as necessary; provides a copy to the Dean and/or Associate Dean.
- Responds to the special needs of disabled students in the classroom and interfaces with the Director of Disabilities Services to ensure that these needs are accommodated.
- Promotes a learning environment that is non-discriminatory and that provides equity for all students.
- Provides students with course syllabus, which will minimally include the requirements listed in the Syllabus Template; and submits copies to the Dean and/or Associate Dean (West Campus courses), and to the Provost (East, North, Porter, and Spring Hill campus courses).
- Provides the Dean and/or Associate Dean with copies of examinations, as requested.
- Teaches a minimum of 15 classroom contact hours per week in accordance with District Board of Trustees Rule 6Hx19-3.07.
- Assists the Dean, Associate Dean, and Provosts with instructional matters, and assists in the planning of curriculum, selection of textbooks and other course-related materials, programs, and adjunct College activities, including dual enrollment activities, designed to serve the College and community.
- Schedules, posts, and maintains work hours in accordance with District Board of Trustees Rules, and as approved by Dean and/or Associate Dean.
- Assists or advises in the registration process, as assigned.
- Maintains and reports accurate class attendance records.
- Refers students to student development staff and financial aid advisors as needed
- Attends and participates in meetings as member of College committees to which appointed.
- Attends scheduled faculty and departmental/division meetings.
- Participates in programs of in-service training, and programs of self-study and evaluation as may be required by the Provost, the Dean and/or Associate Dean.
- Assists students having academic difficulty.
- Stays current in his/her teaching field by attending in-services, conferences, seminars, or courses.
- Adheres to recertification requirements, as outlined in District Board of Trustees Rule 6Hx19-2.551.
- Maintains current professional certification or license, as applicable to his/her teaching field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Appropriate credentials as required by Rules of the District Board of Trustees and contained in the Pasco-Hernando State College Faculty Credentials and Qualifications Manual.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed student records
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.