Pasco-Hernando State College
|Associate Dean of E-Learning and Instructional Technology
Varies depending on position
Job TitleInstructional Designer
Reports toAssociate Dean of E-Learning and Instructional Technology
Provide consulting, training, skill-building, technology-enhanced curriculum design and support services to faculty and staff using technology to improve academic functions throughout the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Works closely with the E-Learning and Instructional Design team to advance the development of technology-enhanced curriculum including online, hybrid, blended, flex, enhanced, and face-to-face courses/programs.
- Consults with faculty and staff in developing instructional uses of technologies; identifies, research, analyzes, and evaluates new technologies for potential applications in instruction to enhance learning outcomes.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates training and support programs for instructors on the use of computer-related technology to improve instruction.
- Promotes the implementation of technological innovations; creates demonstrations of instructional applications of technologies.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or coordinates the development of computerized media.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining instructional technology systems for departmental use.
- Mentors faculty in the design and development of technology-enhanced courses, including but not limited to hybrid and online courses.
- Evaluates current instructional technologies and communicates appropriate recommendations.
- Works with various departments throughout the College regarding instructional technology implementations; provides assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, and conducting instructional technology specific workshops for faculty and staff; arranges and schedules demonstrations and workshops by vendors that focuses on new instructional technologies.
- Assists with publicizing and promoting services, resources and activities of the E-Learning department; installs, configures and maintains software and courseware, as well as troubleshoots problems with computer hardware and peripherals for the E-Learning department; recommends new technologies, hardware, software and related electronic material for acquisition by the E-Learning department.
- Identifies trends, gathers and analyzes data, recommends standards, and implements E-Learning and Instructional Technology development plans.
- Uses emerging educational technologies to develop alternative assessment strategies to integrate into course development.
- Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and evaluates e-learning systems.
- Works with subject matter experts to assist in developing learning goals and objectives with associated assessments.
- Works with the E-Learning department team to further the mission of EIT as part of the Division of Technology and Distance Education.
- Travels to assigned campuses to perform all related duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Degree concentration in instructional or educational technology, curriculum and instruction, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of instructional design processes, curriculum development, computer-based training, course development and instruction; current technologies; instructional technologies
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance as it pertains to the e-learning environment
- Various computer hardware, peripherals and computer operating systems; networking systems
- Various computer software packages (including database management, spreadsheet analysis and graphics); authoring languages and systems
- Instructional design techniques and procedures; multimedia production
- Distance learning technologies and web design
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Valid driver’s license is required for travel to other campuses.
Experience with learning management systems in a higher education environment and in e-learning or technology-enhanced courses, including online and hybrid courses.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.