Pasco-Hernando State College
Health Programs Laboratory Assistant
|Job Title||Health Programs Laboratory Assistant|
|Reports to||Dean of Nursing and Health Programs|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleHealth Programs Laboratory Assistant
Reports toDean of Nursing and Health Programs
Responsible for student support in campus laboratory activities in health programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Assists students in all scheduled Health Programs campus laboratory activities.
- Prepares equipment, supplies and physical set-up and break-down for laboratory activities with students.
- Participates in review and update for laboratory activities.
- Keeps Associate Dean/Programs Directors advised regarding laboratory equipment and supplies needed for students.
- Assists instructors in health programs by scheduling laboratory activities.
- Conducts inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies and is responsible for the quality control of inventoried items.
- Assists the Associate Dean, Nursing Programs and Program Directors in identifying equipment needs, new and/or replacement.
- Submits the order of laboratory supplies to the Associate Dean, Nursing Programs and Program Directors for approval.
- Assists with the set-up and break-down of clinical simulation activities.
- Attends division and campus meetings as scheduled.
- Schedules, posts, and maintains laboratory and office hours in accordance with District Board of Trustees Rules, and as approved by the Associate Dean, Nursing Programs.
- Promotes a learning environment that is non-discriminatory and that provides equity for all students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
AS Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed student records
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Current unrestricted FL Registered Nurse license
- Satisfactory Level II Criminal History Background Check
- Current American Heart Association “Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers” CPR certification
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Previous experience in clinical or laboratory settings
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.