Pasco-Hernando State College
Health Program Director
|Job Title||Health Program Director|
|Reports to||Dean of Nursing and Health Programs|
|Classification||Miscellaneous Supplemental (Part-Time, Temporary)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleHealth Program Director
Reports toDean of Nursing and Health Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
Providing assistance and support to the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs. Responsible for leadership and management of full-time and adjunct faculty within the specified health program.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs in providing leadership to and management of the specified health program to include initiative in maintaining and improving the quality of instruction and learning.
- Prepares or revises, and submits, course student learning outcomes, objectives, and competencies to the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs for compliance with collegewide Student Learning Outcomes and Master Course Outlines.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends curriculum changes to the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs in order to maintain academic standards. Completes appropriate forms and recommends program, textbook, software and curriculum changes to the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs as warranted.
- Participates in College, state, and national program and policy-related meetings.
- Organizes, participates, facilitates and maintains documentation for faculty and Technical Advisory Committee meetings.
- Prepares and submits for approval program-related reports and agreements, and maintains program-related records (inclusive of required clinical/articulation agreements).
- Prepares semester course schedules inclusive of faculty scheduling (in collaboration with campus Associate Deans based on current organizational chart), and submits to the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs for approval.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs in the recruitment and selection of program faculty. Participates as a member of the Interview Search Committee and makes recommendations.
- Establishes and monitors academic standards inclusive of didactic, lab and clinical scheduling. Acts as a liaison between clinical site facilities and college administration in maintaining requirements for clinical experiences.
- Assists in student recruitment and job placement efforts, including health fairs and other visits by students from high schools.
- Teaches program courses and assumes the responsibilities listed under Faculty.
- Promotes a learning/teaching environment that is collegial, non-discriminatory and that provides equity for all students, faculty and staff.
- Monitors compliance with program accreditation/certification standards and submits annual reports, as needed.
- Recruits, supervises and evaluates program adjunct faculty (in collaboration with campus Associate Deans based on current organizational chart) Collaborates with Dean of Nursing and Health Programs in supervision and evaluation of full-time program faculty.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs in implementing and monitoring the program budget and identifying equipment needs
- Serves as member of the Council on Academic Affairs, Student Learning Outcomes Committee, and Admissions Committee for the program to which assigned and others as appropriate to facilitate program outcomes, accreditation and academic standards.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs and other college officials in resolving faculty and student issues in the program to which assigned.
- Provides orientation programs for new program faculty in the program to which assigned.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, collegiality and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintains currency of knowledge in allied health education by attending state and national meetings of educators and administrators pursuant to maintaining accreditation/program standards.
- Receives a reduced instructional duty assignment with release time for program coordination, as approved by the Dean of Nursing and Health Programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Must be a full-time faculty member within the program and meet minimum requirements for faculty position as described in the PHSC faculty credentials manual. EMS Program Director must, in addition to faculty requirements, have bachelor’s degree and two years of experience of level B instruction in an EMS program as described in F.A.C.64J-1.0201.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.