Pasco-Hernando State College
Head Coach Women's Soccer (Part-Time)
|Job Title||Head Coach Women's Soccer (Part-Time)|
|Reports to||Athletic Director|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleHead Coach Women's Soccer (Part-Time)
Reports toAthletic Director
To develop and be responsible for the administration of all phases of the intercollegiate soccer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Recruit quality student/athletes.
- Organize and plans fall and spring practices and game strategies.
- Plans soccer budget with the assistance of the Athletic Director.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as needs demand.
- Works closely with Athletic Director in scheduling intercollegiate contests and planning team travel.
- Accurately completes all required College financial reports and student travel request forms for all trips away from home for which money has been advanced.
- Applies discipline in a firm and positive manner as outlined in the Student Athlete Handbook.
- Provides the Athletic Director an inventory of equipment within two weeks after the season ends and arranges for cleaning and storing of equipment.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Florida College System Activities Association. (FCSAA) rules and regulations.
- Provides leadership skills, teaches and motivates student/athletes to be academically and athletically successful.
- Works actively with fundraising, promotions and marketing.
- Develops a successful camp/clinic program.
- Monitors student/athletes academic progress and participates in obtaining academic assistance if necessary.
- Keeps individual team, statistics, and records as required.
- Scouts opponents when appropriate.
- Supervises and maintains athletic facility as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution and two (2) years soccer coaching experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, six (6) years full-time successful soccer coaching or the equivalent of part-time experience or an Associate Degree and four (4) years successful full-time soccer coaching experience or the equivalent part-time experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have two years soccer coaching experience at the high school/postsecondary level.
- Must be able to work evening hours and weekends.
- Must have and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license; satisfactory background check required.
- Must be able to travel with team when required.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.