Pasco-Hernando State College
|Job Title||Grant Writer|
|Reports to||Dean of Institutional Effectiveness|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleGrant Writer
Reports toDean of Institutional Effectiveness
Performs grant writing functions under the direction of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Conduct prospect research on public and private funding opportunities at the local, state, and national level.
- Research information for institutional grant proposals under the direction of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Identify internal/external subject matter experts and coordinate subject matter contributions for proposal development.
- Write and submit grant proposals and supporting documents for foundation, corporation and government funding.
- Build and maintain a database of prospective grantors.
- Develop a master organizational strategic grant-writing plan with clear goals, plans of action and timelines.
- Create informed, timely decision papers to guide management decisions on grant opportunities.
- Maintain effective, positive relationships through frequent communication with prospective and current grantors.
- Participate in grant technical training provided by funding agencies. Keep abreast of the changing grant landscape and proposal guidelines.
- Participate in grant pre-bid conferences.
- Work with department managers, external partners, and subject matter experts to establish timelines to compile financials and data as they relate to the timely submission of grant applications.
- Track and manage prospective grant and reporting deadlines.
- Perform library and internet research.
- Assist with internal and external requests for information.
- Serve as college liaison with representatives of funding sources during the grant proposal period.
- Coordinate the development of the evaluation and monitoring plan for grant-funded programs under the direction of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Assist project managers by reviewing post-award accountability documentation.
- Draft other materials as assigned, such as a monthly funder update, quarterly reports and annual report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Three years grant writing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical writing.
- Proficiency in working on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in working collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.