Pasco-Hernando State College
Financial Aid Specialist
|Job Title||Financial Aid Specialist|
|Reports to||Associate Dean, Financial Aid or Coordinator of Loans and Default Prevention, Financial Aid (Based on Assignment)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleFinancial Aid Specialist
Reports toAssociate Dean, Financial Aid or Coordinator of Loans and Default Prevention, Financial Aid (Based on Assignment)
To assist the Associate Director of Financial Aid or Coordinator of Loans and Default Prevention, Financial Aid to process and award federal, state and institutional financial aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Assists students with the application process for all types of financial aid.
- Processes and awards financial aid applications and related documentation for determination of eligibility for aid.
- Enters student financial aid tracking data into the Student Information System (SIS), Federal Department of Education’s online computer systems and other systems needed to perform required needs analyses.
- Monitors student enrollment, recalculating awards when necessary, and notifying students who are in overpayment status.
- Initiates periodic requests for MIS reports for disbursement of funds.
- Initiates requisitions for financial aid disbursements to students.
- Completes requests from official agencies relative to student aid information.
- Assists the Dean of Financial Aid in compiling federal, state and institutional financial aid expenditure reports.
- Routinely updates online computerized financial aid records to ensure accurate data processing reporting.
- Provides financial aid registration assistance to the campuses.
- Works with federal and state electronic processing systems.
- Interacts with the College’s Admissions and Student Records, Financial Services and Student Affairs and Enrollment Management offices as needed.
- Assists in implementing the College Equity Plan in accordance with its provisions.
- Assists Associate Director of Financial Aid or Coordinator of Loans and Default Prevention, Financial Aid with developing and implementing appropriate goals and objectives in the College's Long-Range Plan, as requested by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years financial aid experience.
- In lieu of an associate degree, a minimum of four (4) years financial aid experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer operating systems
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years financial aid experience.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.