Pasco-Hernando State College
Financial Aid Assistant II
|Job Title||Financial Aid Assistant II|
|Reports to||Advisor, Financial Aid; Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleFinancial Aid Assistant II
Reports toAdvisor, Financial Aid; Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Performs the duties of processing financial aid and performs related clerical functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Accepts and reviews incoming student financial aid applications and related documents and prepares the files to process a student’s application.
- Assists students in applying and resolving issues relating to the application process for financial aid and scholarship awards.
- Enters financial aid tracking data into CSRS system.
- Completes requests for student financial aid information from other official agencies including financial aid transcript requests.
- Processes Title IV verifications.
- Enters student financial information into CSRS for processing or awarding of files as appropriate.
- Processes payments of State-sponsored programs such as Florida Prepaid, Florida Vocational Rehabilitation, JEP or others as needed.
- Processes institutional awards such as PHSC Foundation Scholarships, Employees Tuition Waivers, Deferments or other such awards.
- Processes and awards financial aid.
- Downloads and processes corrections to Student Aid Reports.
- Maintains College Work Study timesheets.
- Coordinate with other financial aid personnel to ensure that student applications and corrections are processed promptly and properly.
- Keys in correspondence, records and requisitions and performs other clerical functions as needed for the campus financial aid office.
- Keeps current on federal, state, and institution information provided in the Financial Aid Policies and Procedures Manual and other documents.
- Ensures that all required forms and applications are available to students for the respective campuses.
- Assists with implementing appropriate goals and objectives in the College’s long-range plan.
- Assists registration staff with scheduling, registration, appointments, and other related functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize successfully/accurately and prioritize a wide variety of assignments, with emphasis on processing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline requirements
- Possess word processing skills
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- AA/AS degree from a regionally accredited institution and one or more years of financial aid experience
- Basic knowledge of mainframe/microcomputers
- Knowledge of various software packages
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.