Pasco-Hernando State College
Executive Administrative Assistant, Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation
|Job Title||Executive Administrative Assistant, Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation|
|Reports to||Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleExecutive Administrative Assistant, Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation
Reports toAssociate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation
Performs office administrative responsibilities under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Records and prepares meeting minutes for the PHSC Foundation and Executive Committee.
- Prepares Foundation agenda packets, provides public notices of meetings, and attends committee and quarterly board meetings.
- Schedules appointments and meetings, takes messages, and receives visitors.
- Maintains filing system, mailing lists, and donor records.
- Records gifts, prepares acknowledgement letters and processes reports from Foundation’s database.
- Prepares deposits of cash/checks and records deposit amounts into Financial Edge.
- Assists with special events.
- Assists with direct mail solicitations and other mailings.
- Processes purchase orders, check requests, credit/p-card charges, maintains inventory of supplies and prepares bank deposits.
- Orders flowers/plants for staff/faculty/board members upon request and assigns charges to appropriate accounts.
- Processes and orders plaques and recognition awards for board members and others upon request.
- Completes travel, reimbursement, leave and other required forms for processing within the College system.
- Provides phone coverage for President’s Assistant as needed.
- Monitors and supervises student worker(s) and validates timesheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience
- Must be able to take seminar and conference minutes
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to organize and work independently
- Must be able to exercise good judgement and prioritize tasks
- Must have excellent Word, Excel, and Access skills
- Must have a willingness to learn donor software programs
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Additional Required Skills:
- Keyboarding: 50 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Proofreading I: 70% accuracy
- Advanced Editing & Formatting from Rough Draft: 70% Accuracy
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Knowledge of data entry and database systems (i.e., Raiser’s Edge).
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.