Pasco-Hernando State College
Executive Administrative Assistant
|Job Title||Executive Administrative Assistant|
|Reports to||Senior Vice President, Chief Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Officer; or Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer / College Provost; or Senior Vice President of Technology and Distance Education/Chief Information Officer; or Senior Vi|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleExecutive Administrative Assistant
Reports toSenior Vice President, Chief Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Officer; or Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer / College Provost; or Senior Vice President of Technology and Distance Education/Chief Information Officer; or Senior Vi
Provides advanced administrative support to the Senior or Executive Vice President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Prepares agendas and minutes for appropriate councils/committees, with guidance from the Senior or Executive Vice President.
- Keeps certain budget information for the Vice President.
- Periodically checks minutes of meetings of the District Board of Trustees, the President Administrative Leadership Team, and other appropriate committees/councils to ensure that the appropriate follow-up has occurred; informs the Vice President of needed actions.
- Maintains files for letters and related materials, research inquiries, and responds on own initiative and assembles information for the Senior or Executive Vice President’s use.
- Coordinates general office procedures; maintains office files; screens incoming correspondence and communications; inputs appropriate purchase orders; orders office supplies as needed.
- Maintains the Vice President’s appointment calendars, schedules appointments, receives and screens callers.
- Makes travel arrangements for the Senior or Executive Vice President.
- Takes and transcribes dictation or transcribes recordings; prepares forms and composes correspondence and memoranda independently for the Senior or Executive Vice President.
- Arranges and supervises part-time clerical assistance through student assistants, work study, or OPS staff.
- Maintains and processes appropriate payroll certifications.
- Prepares appropriate Board agenda items.
Each Assistant has specialized job functions:
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Chief Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Officer:
- Is responsible for the maintenance of all official College forms (excluding Human Resources); maintains the intranet folder, College Forms, and coordinates the ordering of multipart College forms between College personnel and the printing companies.
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer / College Provost:
- Maintains, checks, and posts any changes to curriculum records, program and course objectives and master course outlines to the intranet.
- Assists the Executive Vice President with organizing and updating the annual College Catalog/ Student Handbook and Academic Calendar, and updates the College Catalog/Student Handbook on the College website.
- Organizes the Council on Academic Affairs Agenda and processes all agenda items with the relevant academic division.
- Prepares all proposed curriculum, student fee changes, articulation agreements, memoranda of understanding and relevant Academic Affairs items for consideration by the District Board of Trustees, with guidance from the Executive Vice President.
- Assists the Executive Vice President with maintaining SACSCOC accreditation files and assists with the drafting of accreditation-related correspondence.
- Provides assistance as necessary to the Office of the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Updates IMMs and Board Rules related to Academic Affairs in the intranet folder as approved.
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer:
- Maintains and processes notary public applications.
- Maintains and processes official college bank services documentation, with guidance from the Vice President.
- Maintains check receipt log for Foundation monies as a measure for internal control.
- Assists in the publication and distribution of the Annual Financial Report (AFR), Capital Improvements Program (CIP), and the Educational Plant Survey.
- Maintains and processes invoices for TodayCare Children’s Centers.
- Prepares annual budget presentation.
- Prepares agenda and transcribes minutes for the President’s Administrative Leadership Team, with guidance from the President.
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President of Technology and Distance Education, Chief Information Officer:
- Certifies the accuracy of invoices and processes necessary paperwork including contracts, requisitions, purchase orders and receiving reports.
- Orders office supplies, maintains office files, and retrieves/distributes interoffice mail.
- Serves as the office coordinator for internal team events and professional development.
- Prepares Board agenda presentations and documentation.
- Works with the IT Leadership Team to place equipment orders, maintain license agreements, contracts, and software/application subscriptions.
- Serves as the point of contact for communication and record keeping of the Innovative Technology Grant.
- Updates IMMs and Board Rules related to technology in the intranet folder as approved.
- Coordinates department employees’ travel when needed.
All Executive Administrative Assistants:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have experience in editing written materials for spelling, grammar, and punctuation; ability to organize and work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent word processing skills
- Knowledge of additional software packages is preferred, specifically Excel
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
AA or AS degree from a regionally accredited institution
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.