Pasco-Hernando State College
District Maintenance/Trade Worker (Multi-Trades)
|District Maintenance/Trade Worker (Multi-Trades)
|HVAC/Energy Coordinator (Primary); Director of Plant Operations (Secondary )
Varies depending on position
Job TitleDistrict Maintenance/Trade Worker (Multi-Trades)
Reports toHVAC/Energy Coordinator (Primary); Director of Plant Operations (Secondary )
Performs journeyman level skilled work in repair and maintenance of buildings, including plumbing work, carpentry work, painting work; and assists in the repairs of HVAC and electrical systems as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Performs plumbing work to include but not limited to: repair or replace fixtures, water fountains, piping and related valves, and unclogs sewer lines.
- Repairs or replaces doors, windows, frames, locks, and hardware.
- Performs carpentry work, to include: framing, hanging/finishing drywall; and installing trim, casework, partitions and suspended ceiling grid. Operates all carpentry related power tools.
- Performs masonry work, to include, but not limited to: concrete, brick, CMU and stucco repairs or replacement. Operates all related power tools.
- Performs painting duties to include, but not limited to: preparing surfaces by sanding, masking tape, and use of cleaners to prime and paint in accordance with standard trade practices using rollers, brushes, and power sprayers.
- Travels to all college sites for repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Standard high school diploma or GED from regionally accredited institution.
Five (5) years’ experience as a trades worker. Graduation from a trades school or apprentice program may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Basic knowledge of the codes, standards, practices, methods, materials and tools used in the building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting trades
- Skilled in the use and care of tools and equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and work from oral and/or written instructions
- Skilled in reading comprehension, writing, and basic math knowledge
- Ability to lift 60 pounds; satisfactory back X-ray required
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.