Pasco-Hernando State College
Director of Procurement
|Job Title||Director of Procurement|
|Reports to||Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer|
|Classification||Managerial and Other Academic Personnel|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleDirector of Procurement
Reports toSenior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the procurement process through coordinating and monitoring of the purchasing and contract management activities for colleges including overseeing the purchase requisitions and purchase order processing. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Supervises the purchasing function to ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations, as well as College policies and procedures.
- Recommends changes to purchasing policies and procedures as deemed necessary.
- Directly supervises the Procurement Analyst, and Senior Office Assistant, Purchasing positions.
- Prepares, issues, and manages all bids for commodities and services in compliance with all College Policies and Procedures, and recommends vendor selection in coordination with the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Assists departmental personnel in selection of vendors based on product line and competitive pricing.
- Approves all purchase orders in compliance with all college policies and procedures.
- Maintains the Colleges Financial Records System master vendor information and bid files.
- Coordinate’s copier services for college operations.
- Provides training to college staff on purchasing policies and procedures including use of College Financial Resource System.
- Manages College contracts for rental cars, copiers, furniture, store accounts, and other assigned contracts.
- Monitors state contracts and other cooperative agreements to ensure the college is obtaining the most cost-effective pricing.
- Manages furniture relocation, procurement, and installation process.
- Prepares annual minority vendor expenditure report and facilitates minority vendor relations.
- Reviews and maintains all “Statement of Financial Interest” disclosures per the College District Board of Trustee rules.
- Prepares Owner Direct Purchase Orders and Certificate of Entitlement.
- Participates in the Counsel of Purchasing Professionals (COPP).
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science degree in business or related field from a regionally accredited institution with three years purchasing experience; or
- Associates in Arts or Associate in Science degree in business or related field from a regionally accredited institution with five years purchasing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work with limited direction, make decisions and/or recommendations to leadership.
- Skills in developing and maintaining cooperative and courteous relationships with college staff, representatives from organizations, and the public are required.
- Skills in tactfully and effectively handling requests, suggestions and complaints from the management staff, vendors, the media, and the general public are required.
- Skills in exercising analytical judgment; identifying problems or situations as they occur; skills in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations is required.
- Ability to speak with and before others with poise and confidence is required.
- Ability to make independent judgments in absence of supervision required.
- Ability to record and deliver information to College management and staff; to explain procedures and policies and to follow verbal and written instructions, guidelines, and objectives is required.
- Ability to utilize mathematical formulas is required.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of topics related to the purchasing functions is required.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate work assignments is required.
- Advanced organizational skills are required.
- Proven ability in successfully collaborating with internal and external customers.
- Strong organization, analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Provides leadership and ability to complete projects from conception to completion.
- Must have experience in using a computer and PC software such as MS Word and Excel.
- Procurement Analyst
- Senior Office Assistant, Purchasing
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting functions related to encumbrance and liquidation of college funds.
- Work experience in a government environment.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.