Pasco-Hernando State College
Director of Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Grant Acquisitions
|Job Title||Director of Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Grant Acquisitions|
|Reports to||Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation|
|Classification||Managerial and Other Academic Personnel|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleDirector of Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Grant Acquisitions
Reports toAssociate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation
Raises funds for the PHSC Foundation to ensure that the College has sufficient resources to carry out its mission. Cultivates, solicits, and writes proposals for current and prospective foundations and corporations. Assists with the design, implementation, and management of campaigns to raise funds from foundations and corporations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Cultivates, solicits, and writes proposals for current and prospective foundations and corporations.
- Develops fund-raising materials and communications intended for foundations and corporations.
- Tracks portfolio of foundation and corporate prospects/donors through moves management and prepares donor reports.
- Assists with managing the development of programs and campaigns to secure foundation and corporate funding for College initiatives and for the purpose of raising unrestricted funds.
- Writes proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Makes a minimum of 200 personal visits to potential and current foundation and corporate donors annually.
- Ensures that every foundation and corporation constituents’ Raiser’s Edge profile is up to date in respect to all written and verbal communications, solicitations, agreements and stewardship related activities.
- Manages the foundation and corporate prospect list.
- Understands PHSC’s values and articulates those values in conversation, writing and personal demeanor.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Foundation and Corporate representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Four (4) years of full-time fund-raising paid work experience OR ten (10) consecutive years of verifiable volunteer related experience for nonprofit organizations
- Proven success in soliciting and securing foundation and corporate gifts
- Possess advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to represent the College and Foundation to potential donors
- Ability to make presentations and develop written, printed, and electronic communication materials
- Excellent organizational and technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to secure gifts and develop relationships in a variety of settings
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.