Pasco-Hernando State College
Director of Global Multicultural Student Affairs and Equity Services/Special Assistant to the President
|Director of Global Multicultural Student Affairs and Equity Services/Special Assistant to the President
|Senior Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
|Managerial and Other Academic Personnel
Varies depending on position
Job TitleDirector of Global Multicultural Student Affairs and Equity Services/Special Assistant to the President
Reports toSenior Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Serves as Equity Officer for the College including district-wide monitoring of compliance with the Equity Act; responsible for district-wide minority student recruitment; responsible for all Equity Act reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Serves as contact person to the Equity Officer in the Division of Florida Colleges – Department of Education.
- Prepares required reports for the college to the Division of Florida Colleges - Department of Education.
- Maintains appropriate files and serves as the College resource person for equity.
- Responsible for monitoring the College's compliance with the Equity Act.
- Chairs the Equity Committee and serves as a member of the Council on Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
- Serves on the President’s Administrative Leadership Team (PALT) and the President’s Advisory Council (PAC).
- Responsible for assisting with minority student recruitment, retention and completion strategic planning and some activities.
- Responsible for programs such as the Martin Luther King Lecture Series and Black History program.
- Serves on screening committees for exempt level staff and faculty positions.
- Serves on student discipline committees.
- Provides guidance when requested for students in the student grievance process.
- Keeps up-to-date and informs College about relevant federal and state policies regarding equity.
- Maintains and updates the Equity portion of the College's Strategic Plan.
- Supervises the Linking in Faith and Education (LIFE) program designed to provide faith communities with educational opportunities.
- Supervises pre-collegiate programs and grants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
- Excellent communication skills; effective communication with a variety of students
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to establish and implement strategic plans
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.