Pasco-Hernando State College
Director of Foundation Special Events and Marketing
|Job Title||Director of Foundation Special Events and Marketing|
|Reports to||Associate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation|
|Classification||Managerial and Other Academic Personnel|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleDirector of Foundation Special Events and Marketing
Reports toAssociate Vice President of Alumni and College Relations/Executive Director of the Foundation
Manages donor recognition, cultivation, fundraising and alumni awareness events for the PHSC Foundation. Responsible for supporting the marketing and communication strategies and plans for the Foundation with the objective of increasing constituent engagement and philanthropic support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Manages donor and board event execution including vendor negotiations, contract, technical specifications, and insurance coverage.
- Utilizes Raisers Edge to produce solicitations, manage event registration and other donor and constituent marketing, communication and event aspects.
- Conceptualizes, develops, edits and coordinates marketing and communications including mailing newsletters, magazines, news releases, speeches, proposals, media relations, web content, publications, reports, digital marketing and programs.
- Attends and supervises events.
- Manages and supervises events vendors, volunteers and staff including the Box Office attendant.
- Directs and oversees events for donor recognition, fundraising, board relations and to increase constituent engagement and philanthropic support.
- Cultivates and solicits event sponsors.
- Directs and assists with research, interviewing, editing and writing of Foundation related publications. Works cooperatively with the Marketing and Communications Department.
- Manages and oversees the bi-annual production and distribution of the College Perspective Magazine and Annual Report including budget management, production schedule, collecting/preparing/editing articles submitted by the College and Foundation, overseeing the layout and design, vendor negotiations, and facilitate distribution.
- Collaborates with staff to identify, develop and communicate compelling stories that reflect the department’s work.
- Coordinates content and updating of the Foundation Web pages and digital marketing.
- Reviews and recommends the annual budget and calendar for all Foundation events and marketing projects.
- Identifies best practices and enhancement opportunities to improve current Foundation cultivation of program/activities and recommends changes/additions to event, marketing and communication policies and procedures. Develop strategies, tactics, and opportunities for engaging donors through diverse communications.
- Generate a consistent narrative and voice for the department.
- Serves as liaison and advisor to Foundation committees, assisting to ensure goals and expectations are achievable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of special events planning and/or marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and four (4) years of special events planning and/or marketing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate excellent proofreading, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; have ability to organize, multi-task and work independently; exercise good judgment; and prioritize tasks
- Experience with desktop publishing, data entry and database systems preferred
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to work some evenings and weekends
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Four (4) years of experience preferred
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.