Pasco-Hernando State College
Data Support Specialist, Workforce Development and CTE (Grant Funded)
|Job Title||Data Support Specialist, Workforce Development and CTE (Grant Funded)|
|Reports to||Dean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleData Support Specialist, Workforce Development and CTE (Grant Funded)
Reports toDean of Workforce Development and Career and Technical Education
Responsible for the collection, tracking, and maintenance of student industry certification attainment and other
data related to student retention and completion as specified by the Perkins Grant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Collaborates with departmental personnel to carry out CTE student success initiatives, including promoting industry certification opportunities for students.
- Collects and inputs data on industry certification schedule and attainment. Coordinates with the Management Information Services for industry certification tracking and reporting.
- Assists in the evaluation of industry certification results and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborates with appropriate personnel/faculty/departments/testing centers to integrate industry certifications into the workforce programs to achieve division goals.
- Coordinates with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness on the collection of data as specified in the Perkins Grant, including but not limited to the stated special populations.
- Functions as the point person between Instructors and Testing Center.
- Inputs data into the student record system, databases, files, and generates reports as needed.
- Records data of all Workforce/STEM/CTE events, including but not limited to student contact cards.
- Tracks active enrollment and completion of all CTE programs, including K-12 district and PHSC, aligned CTE programs.
- Assists in the coordination of the workforce meetings such as the Technical Advisor Committee (TAC) meeting.
- Conducts research to identify partnerships within the community and make connections with employers that are relevant to CTE programs.
- Assists in community outreach and information campaigns regarding Workforce programs.
- Attends workforce development, career, and technical education sponsored events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associate's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to present and disseminate data
- Knowledge of third-party industry certifications and their impact
- Skilled in diagnosing, analyzing and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Some knowledge of data collection and analysis
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.