Pasco-Hernando State College
|Job Title||Data Analyst|
|Reports to||Dean of Institutional Effectiveness|
|Classification||Managerial and Other Academic Personnel|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleData Analyst
Reports toDean of Institutional Effectiveness
Performs data analysis functions under the direction of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Performs data analysis to support internal clients, turning data into insights that drive business decisions.
- Interprets data, analyze results using statistical techniques, create reports and data visualizations for clients.
- Ensures data quality and integrity by completing audits and cross-checking data.
- Identifies and prepares data content for public communications.
- Documents project processes, sources, and techniques to ensure the consistent application of methodologies in future projects.
- Designs and implements database solutions for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, social sciences, management information systems or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledge of research methods
- Ability to learn and use software packages
- Demonstrated experience in major statistical packages such as SAS and R
- Must possess understanding of basic statistics and research methods
- Experience in using SQL to query and summarize data
- Experience with Power BI (or similar visualization software)
- Experience with relational database platforms and experience of building, cleaning and analyzing datasets required
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.