Pasco-Hernando State College
Coordinator of Student Life and Leadership
|Job Title||Coordinator of Student Life and Leadership|
|Reports to||Assistant of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleCoordinator of Student Life and Leadership
Reports toAssistant of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Coordinates the campus student life events, programs, and student clubs and organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Coordinates activities and events on campus. Communicates with the Provost’s Office and facilities staff relevant to campus events.
- Serves as Student Government Association (SGA) Advisor. Is present at SGA meetings and sponsored events and provides appropriate oversight to ensure activities and elections are conducted in a fair and equitable manner and in alignment with College policies and procedures.
- Assists with training and coordination of campus ambassadors, student leaders, student workers, club advisors and peer mentors.
- Coordinates and oversees student workers, providing feedback as needed and each term on their performance.
- Assists with the management and coordination of student life events and activities college-wide, including master schedule of events, and assisting at other campuses and centers as needed.
- Processes all paperwork needed for events and activities including activity forms, vendor packets and contracts, as necessary.
- Monitors campus student clubs/organizations' budgets and processes necessary paperwork.
- Reviews and facilitates all student travel documents for student clubs as needed.
- Assists with updating the Student Activities Handbook, and all publications for the department.
- Assists with event planning for SGA and clubs on their campus and college wide as needed.
- Encourages advisors to have their clubs/organizations participate in appropriate activities/competitions.
- Assists with ensuring accurate information about events is communicated to the Student Life and Leadership team, Marketing and Communications team, Information Center, Webmaster, in MyPHSC and other places on campus.
- Assists advisors by providing leadership training and motivational activities.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and implement strategic plans.
- Ability to drive college vehicles on student field trips.
- Ability to work some evening hours and occasional weekends.
- Ability to interact with diverse populations, excellent communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver license and satisfactory driving record.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Master's degree. Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working in student life/activities.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.