Pasco-Hernando State College
Computer/Network Support Specialist
|Job Title||Computer/Network Support Specialist|
|Reports to||Associate Director of Network Services|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleComputer/Network Support Specialist
Reports toAssociate Director of Network Services
Responsible for computer and network support districtwide. Duties include technical support for classrooms, labs, and offices as well as support for the College network and video conferencing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Manage, support, and maintain districtwide computer software and hardware.
- Provides support for the College network by upholding network security procedures.
- Initiates and tracks requests for service in the college help desk software solution.
- Coordinates desktop and laptop computer repair requests and performs needed repairs in classrooms, labs, and offices.
- Communicates with hardware manufacturer for parts and warranty replacement.
- Installs and configures computer workstations, including installation of software and access to network services.
- Creates and uses images for computer rollout when appropriate.
- Installs and configures network and stand-alone printers and scanners.
- Provides faculty and staff with assistance concerning policies and practices, problem-solving strategies, and software security.
- Keeps current with technological changes and new software and hardware that affect the network, computers, and other equipment.
- Installs and maintains computer virus detection/protection software.
- Completes equipment transfer paperwork when computers are relocated and maintains appropriate records.
- Supports college video conferencing solution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Associate degree in Computer Sciences or related area from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of relevant full-time work experience in PC system setup, configuration, and repair.
- Four (4) years of related work experience and an industry recognized computer certification may be substituted for Associate degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability in dealing successfully with end users
- Must be able to work evening hours and weekends
- Must have/maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and maintain reliable transportation
- Must be able to travel between college locations
- Must have a satisfactory back x‑ray with the ability to lift 40 lbs.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Network support experience and A+ certification
- 4 years of experience preferred
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.