Pasco-Hernando State College
College Store Associate
|Job Title||College Store Associate|
|Reports to||College Store Supervisor (Corresponding Campus)|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleCollege Store Associate
Reports toCollege Store Supervisor (Corresponding Campus)
Receives and receipts monies collected from charges, loans, and other services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Exhibits welcoming attitude toward students/customers while assisting them with merchandise needs.
- Responsible for all cashiering duties and reports in accordance with the Cashier Procedures Manual, including data entry to the College’s Financial Records System (CFRS).
- Balance cash with receipts and answers requests for information on daily business deposits. Processes received receipts through the Point of Sale (POS).
- Receives and receipts for cash, any monies offered by the public in payment of charges, fees, loans, and other services.
- Responsible for issuing electronic book vouchers to students during registration as requested by the Financial Aid Department.
- Prepares bank deposits daily and obtains receipts for deposits prepared. Responsible for depositing monies to the financial institution.
- Assists appropriate staff in the preparation of memoranda and office records.
- Maintain organization of displayed merchandise including supplies, textbooks, greeting cards, postage stamps, snacks, and clothing daily. Creates and maintains storefront displays and display windows as applicable. Assures the organization and cleanliness of the College Store.
- Performs receiving of goods into the ICS and performs maintenance on the POS.
- Performs such duties as preparing materials and stock for transferring to other locations in coordination with appropriate staff.
- Oversees training of temporary employees as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum one-year experience as a cashier in retail sales or teller work
- Satisfactory back X-ray required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Point of Sale (POS) and Inventory Control System (ICS) experience
Basic Math: 70% accuracy
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.