Pasco-Hernando State College
Campus Maintenance Trades Worker
|Campus Maintenance Trades Worker
|Campus Facilities Coordinator (West and Porter Campuses); Plant Manager (East, North, and Spring Hill Campuses)
Varies depending on position
Job TitleCampus Maintenance Trades Worker
Reports toCampus Facilities Coordinator (West and Porter Campuses); Plant Manager (East, North, and Spring Hill Campuses)
Maintains all aspects of building maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Coordinates and performs regular and preventive building maintenance activities including, but not limited to, the following: a. performs normal maintenance on doors, locks, and hardware b. inspects all plumbing fixtures and repairs or replaces, as needed c. repairs or replaces interior and exterior light bulbs and fixtures, as needed d. inspects classrooms and office furniture and repairs, as needed.
- Assists in monitoring the campus custodial services contractor to ensure performance in accordance with contract.
- Adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Evaluates work orders to determine necessary equipment, materials, and time to complete job. Keeps records of time and costs required for each project.
- Assists in the requisitioning of maintenance supplies and materials in accordance with purchasing procedures to include purchase orders, receiving reports and check requests.
- Coordinates opening and closing of campus buildings at the beginning and end of the shift, as necessary.
- Serves as alternate contact person for the campus during hours the campus is closed.
- Assists in conducting the annual inventory of physical property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Standard high school diploma or GED from regionally accredited institution.
Three years’ experience in facilities maintenance or building trades with basic electrical repair knowledge and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to climb ladders, operate equipment and work outdoors.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades.
- Basic knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in building, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical trades.
- Ability to read blueprints and work from oral or written instruction.
- Satisfactory back X-ray required.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Work schedule may involve evening and weekend hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.