Pasco-Hernando State College
Assistant Plant Manager
|Job Title||Assistant Plant Manager|
|Reports to||Campus Plant Manager|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleAssistant Plant Manager
Reports toCampus Plant Manager
Assists with the supervision of departmental personnel, repairs of facilities, and assumes supervisory duties in the
absence of the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Assists with the monitoring of the campus contracted custodial and security services to ensure performance is in accordance with contract terms and specifications.
- Assists with oversight of event set-up and breakdown.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all buildings.
- Inspects buildings, walkways, and equipment for hazardous conditions and instructs employees in safety procedures.
- Maintains preventative maintenance records and time sheets for employees; recommends types of materials and equipment required to perform all maintenance tasks.
- Assists the Plant Manager in coordinating all maintenance and repair activities and projects, including moving of furniture and emergency repairs of equipment and buildings.
- Inspects the plant operations building nightly to make it is secure and that non-essential equipment is put away and/or turned off.
- Ensures that all other campus buildings are secured in evening prior to the closing of the campus.
- Performs minor pest control tasks throughout the buildings.
- Assists Plant Manager with inventory and key control, card key access system, and energy management systems.
- At the direction of the Plant Manager, enters relevant work orders into the maintenance management system (MMS) and performs or assigns the work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be familiar with all aspects of cleaning procedures and able to supervise night personnel
- Possess basic knowledge of practices, methods, materials, and tools used in building maintenance, electrical, plumbing, light carpentry, and mechanical trades including chiller plants
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Satisfactory back X-ray
Supervise night personnel
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
One year of supervisory experience and some experience in security or related fields.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.