Pasco-Hernando State College
Assistant Director of Libraries (West Campus)
|Assistant Director of Libraries (West Campus)
|Director of Libraries
|42,286 - 80,800 annually
Job TitleAssistant Director of Libraries (West Campus)
Reports toDirector of Libraries
Responsible for basic reference service, individual and group bibliographic instruction and collection development. Coordinates inter-library loans and cataloging of library materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provides basic reference service to students, faculty and staff by accessing print materials and electronic databases.
- Provides for student and faculty orientation and instruction in the use of the library and its services.
- Assists with circulation duties as needed.
- Assists in collection development through consultation with faculty and reviewing of journals and collection reports.
- Coordinates inter-library loans.
- Coordinates cataloging of library materials.
- Assists in developing informational and instructional material on library resources and services. Assists in designing flyers, booklets and other material to help patrons use library services.
- Helps develop annual library goals and objectives through consultation with the Director of Libraries.
- Supervises library staff and oversees all functions of the campus library in the absence of the Director of Libraries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Required: Master’s degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
Two years of library experience (including audiovisual and electronic reference) in a post-secondary institution.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.