Pasco-Hernando State College
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (EC, NC, SH, PC)
|Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (EC, NC, SH, PC)
|Managerial and Other Academic Personnel
Varies depending on position
Job TitleAssistant Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (EC, NC, SH, PC)
Reports toAppropriate Provost
Responsible for student orientation, testing, registration, financial aid, veteran affairs, academic advising and counseling for the campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Directs and supervises the Student Affairs staff.
- Directs and supervises all student activities and serves as Student Government Sponsor if this activity is not assigned to an Advisor.
- Serves as a member of the Council on Student Development, recommends agenda items to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and takes necessary follow-up action on Council recommendations in his or her area.
- Makes recommendations for the employment of personnel to the Provost.
- Coordinates activities and office personnel coverage with the Provost.
- Prepares the annual evaluations of persons supervised.
- Assures the following student services are carried out efficiently and effectively:
- Academic advising
- Career development
- Student recruitment
- Student information dissemination
- Coordinates appropriate Campus activities.
- Resolves apparent and referred conflicts and problems on student status and records, and on student discipline and complaints when possible, and refers them to the Provost, as needed.
- Carries out administrative processes in areas of responsibility.
- Recommends approval of Student Organization Charter requests to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Recommends proposed budgets for areas of responsibility to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Assures the preparation and maintenance of student files, Veteran Administration files and financial aid files.
- Coordinates faculty involvement in the areas of recruitment and retention of students with the Dean or Associate Dean.
- Serves as liaison person with public schools, community/junior and senior colleges.
- Provides academic, vocational and personal counseling to students.
- Coordinates and recommends students for PHSC and transfer scholarships to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Assists in implementing the College Equity Plan.
- Represents and acts for the Provost or Dean in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Master’s degree in Counseling or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed student records.
- Senior Office Assistant, Student Affairs
- Academic Advisor
- Advisor, Financial Aid
- Advisor, VA
- Coordinator of Student Life and Leadership
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two (2) years of counseling in a post-secondary institution
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.