Pasco-Hernando State College
Accounts Payable Specialist
|Accounts Payable Specialist
|Manager of Financial Operations
Varies depending on position
Job TitleAccounts Payable Specialist
Reports toManager of Financial Operations
Performs clerical work in the Accounts Payable area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Prepares, maintains, and reconciles accounts payable documents and reports including invoices, statements, receiving forms, check requests, expense approvals and expense reimbursements.
- Prepares and performs data entry for invoiced purchase order payments, and non-purchase order payments (check requests and expense reimbursements).
- Maintain files for accounts payable: downloading, labeling, scanning, sorting, emailing, matching, digital or paper files.
- Flag and clarify any unusual invoice items or travel expenses.
- Verifies accuracy of data entry for daily check run.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Research and resolve expense reimbursement discrepancies and issues.
- Maintains tracking and monitoring list for timeliness and corrections of purchasing card logs.
- Monitors vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records as directed.
- Provide supporting documentation for auditors.
- Prepare and perform check distribution including compiling back up documentation from daily check run.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have experience in using a computer, PC software such as, Excel, Word, Outlook, Office 365 and Adobe
- Satisfactory criminal background check
Additional Required Skills:
- Keyboarding: 35 net words per minute (NWPM) with 95% accuracy
- Data Entry 1 – Vendor: 6,200 keystrokes per hour (KPH) with 95% accuracy
- Basic Math: 70% accuracy
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Previous experience in the area of accounts payable.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.