Pasco-Hernando State College
Adjunct Instructor (Part-Time Faculty)
|Job Title||Adjunct Instructor (Part-Time Faculty)|
|Reports to||Provost, Dean of Arts and Sciences, Dean of Health Occupations, Dean of Workforce Programs, Associate Dean, Nursing Programs, and/or Campus Associate Deans|
Varies depending on position
Job TitleAdjunct Instructor (Part-Time Faculty)
Reports toProvost, Dean of Arts and Sciences, Dean of Health Occupations, Dean of Workforce Programs, Associate Dean, Nursing Programs, and/or Campus Associate Deans
The adjunct instructor develops, prepares and teaches a variety of coursework. Adjunct faculty are employed on a term-by-term basis. Courses within the College may be taught during the day, evening, weekends, and/or online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are not exhaustive but illustrate the general duties required of the position. Management may require personnel to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Provide varied and relevant instruction designed to meet the educational needs of assigned students in accordance with the College’s policies, procedures, and approved curricula.
- Responds to the special needs and reasonable accommodations of students with disabilities. Interacts with the Director of Disabilities Services to ensure that reasonable accommodations are appropriately provided.
- Provides students with a course syllabus, which will minimally include the requirements listed in the Syllabus Template; and submits copies to the appropriate Academic Dean (West Campus courses), and to the Provosts (East Campus, North Campus, and Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch courses).
- Provides the Provost, Academic Dean, and/or Associate Dean with copies of examinations as requested.
- Maintains and submits accurate grade rosters and class attendance records to appropriate College personnel within established College deadlines.
- Assess student progress and post student grades.
- Provides for the purpose of academic assistance, a minimum of one office hour per week immediately before or after class, or by appointment, for each course taught.
- Adhere to College and departmental policies.
- Participates in programs and/or activities that enhance professional development.
- Reviews the Full-Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty Handbook prior to teaching classes to become familiar with the College’s District Board of Trustees Rules and Internal Management Memoranda.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Satisfactory Attendance.
These requirements are a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of specific duties and responsibilities. Management may direct employees to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Master's degree from regionally accredited institution.
Appropriate credentials as required by Rules of the District Board of Trustees and contained in the Pasco-Hernando State College Faculty Credentials and Qualifications Manual.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of students.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain detailed student records.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
The physical expectations of this job are listed below. Terms and descriptions are as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary and benefits will be assigned as determined by PHSC's Board approved compensation plan. Duty days and assigned hours shall be determined by PHSC. Please contact Human Resources for questions regarding salary determination or benefit eligibility at 727-816-3406.
Pasco-Hernando State College is an equal opportunity and equal access higher education institute that promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace.